[LAD] [ANN] LV2 beta3

Steve Harris steve at plugin.org.uk
Fri May 11 16:23:32 UTC 2007

On 11 May 2007, at 16:13, Florian Schmidt wrote:

> I do agree with you that there is such an essential set of features
> that
> really should be in the core spec, but as it will sort itself out
> anyways by
> means of evolution, i also consider this problem fixed ;)

I also agree. I agree with Fons that there are "essential" features
missing from LV2, but I don't agree about which ones. However, in the
interests of Just Getting On With It I want the extensions to evolve.
Designing specifications without pretty extensive implementation
experience is fraught (look at LADSPA), this is an unfortunate
catch-22. The IETF and W3C will only standardise things that are
already common practice. I know LAD is not really in that world - no-
one will loose millions of dollars if we mess up - but I'm sure we
all value our time highly.

- Steve