[LAD] [ANN] LV2 beta3

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Sat May 12 04:37:18 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 22:24 +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 08:26:50PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
>
> > I don't support the idea of adding multirate (in the resampling
> > sense) support to LV2, I think it can be handled better by other APIs.
>
> ??? It has nothing to do with resampling.
>
> > Multi-channel is non issue as far as I can see.
>
> It's most certainly not.

Multichannel in LV2 is straightforward and will almost certainly be
used.

> I've had enough of this, and will just forget about LV2.
> As you said, things will be better handled by other APIs.

Considering the FACT that something doesn't need to be in lv2.h for you
to be able to use it, all save one of your objections are not actually
problems.

The valid one you did bring up (which is appreciated), sample rate, is
currently being discussed and figured out so everyone is happy.

I fail to see the problem here.

-DR-