[LAD] Phat and pyphat 0.4.1, help needed for future widgets.

audio-mobster audio-mobster at gmx.de
Mon May 14 18:37:34 UTC 2007

Loki Davison schrieb:
> On 5/9/07, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 11:57:27PM +1000, Loki Davison wrote:
>> >
>> > what? ... cairo can render svg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svg
>> > What i was hoping for was a means of rendering the svg's drawn by
>> > thorwil http://thorwil.wordpress.com/
>> >
>> > So a graphics designer creates the svg file to render and the code
>> > just does what ever realtime modifications are required to show the
>> > actions, I.e change how much of the indicator is filled it and the
>> > rotation of the knob, etc.
>> >
>> > Dynamic drawing? NOt sure if i get you, as i you have to recompile to
>> > get changes? ....
>>

>> Loki, there are inaccuricies in the files as Inkscape isn't exactly
>> a precision tool. Plus you need to rotate some parts and either move
>> fills or do some masking. So I think the use of drawing operations
>> is the way to go.
>>

> Can anyone else comment on this? Are svg widgets a good way to go or
> pixmapped?
>
> Loki

What about releasing the knob pixmap patch for scaling that I send you
yesterday first.
Think best thing is to release the vector stuff later as I got no
compositmanager running on my dual screen setup, so I can't do any
transparency yet for the widgets.

Why not use both approaches?

I kneed the phat knob patch for JackMixDesk so please release it, as I
don't know if I got time to add scroll support the next days.

Kindest regards

Uli