[LAD] knowing JACK

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun May 20 13:51:31 UTC 2007

Greetings:

Some time ago I wrote a rather lengthy user-level introduction to JACK.
It was published in a German Linux magazine, and I'd now like to put the
original on the Web. However, it surely needs updated, so I've placed
its current condition on-line here :

    http://linux-sound.org/knowing-jack.html

At this time I'm looking for corrections and additions to the main text.
I've purposefully left out the screenshots, I'll update them myself
after the text is up to date.

I'm not using FreeBob or JackMIDI and would apprciate any information
readers think should go into the article.

Please advise if any information regarding the QJackCtl audio options
needs changed. Users often wonder what all those checkboxes actually do,
and I'd like to give them the right info.

Btw, this artice is *not* planned for publication again, and I'll
happily place it under a CC license if desired by the community. If
acceptable I'd like it to go on the linuxaudio.org site.

Feel free to respond to the lists or directly to me.

Best,

dp