[LAD] LV2 units extension

Krzysztof Foltman wdev at foltman.com
Wed Nov 14 13:00:31 UTC 2007

Lars Luthman wrote:
> There is a Units extension that can be used to define units for ports
> (linked from the spec page, I think) and the core spec has scalePoints,
> which allows plugins to define labeled port values (e.g. "0 dB" for the
> multiplier value 1.0 on a simple gain plugin).

The extension looks very good, but I would recommend adding two
important units - semitone and cent (in case anyone doesn't know, a cent
= 1/100 of a semitone). Semitones - useful for osc transpose in synths,
as well as shift amount in pitch shift modules. Cents - useful for
relative detune in synths. I think those are much more common than, say,
miles :)

Krzysztof