[LAD] Terminology problem

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Wed Nov 14 22:27:16 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, Phil Frost wrote:
> > Now, what do I call the first dimension, *before* specifying what 
> > channel I'm talking about? How do I address "the Volume CCs of all
> > 16 MIDI channels", or "the PFL buttons of all mixer strips?" I'd
> > like a short, logical, non-confusing name for this, but I can't
> > seem to think of one.
> Parameter?

Maybe... I considered Control as well, but to me, both of those sound 
more like single instances of something (just like Ports), rather 
than the Class/Type style (ie "Voice Pitch Controls") term I'm 
looking for.

*Some* plugin API or something somewhere must have something similar 
to this, I'd think, but I can't remember seeing one...

//David Olofson - Programmer, Composer, Open Source Advocate

.-------  http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples  -------.
|        http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine       |
|       http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine          |
|     http://eel.olofson.net - Real time scripting         |
'--  http://www.reologica.se - Rheology instrumentation  --'

More information about the Linux-audio-dev mailing list