[LAD] Ladspa plugin invisible

Rémi Thébault rtbo.mailing at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:39:00 UTC 2007

Hi

I'm trying to make a guitar tuner ladspa plugin.
I already wrote a first draft, but listplugins can't find my plugin in
the library :

$ listplugins
/usr/lib/ladspa/TunerUnit.so:		<---
/usr/lib/ladspa/tap_doubler.so:

it could be because I've chosen a uniqueID already in use.
is there a list or way to register a uniqueID ?

here is a part of my _init() function:

	g_psTUDescriptor->UniqueID
		= 4053;
	g_psTUDescriptor->Label
		= strdup("tner");
	g_psTUDescriptor->Properties
		= LADSPA_PROPERTY_HARD_RT_CAPABLE;
	g_psTUDescriptor->Name
		= strdup("Universal Digital Tuner Unit");
	g_psTUDescriptor->Maker
		= strdup("Rémi Thébault");
	g_psTUDescriptor->Copyright
		= strdup("None");

By the way, for the moment I use FFTW for the frequency identification.
Is there a way to identify a frequency with quite high precision without
computing a big spectrum analysis ?
For a 0.7 Hz precision with fft, I need 65536 samples, what will take a
lot CPU load every 1.5 sec.

It is obvious that so much CPU Load is no acceptable for a small plugin
in a realtime application.

Rémi