[LAD] Re: Audio over Cat5

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Oct 1 18:25:47 UTC 2007

Am Montag, 1. Oktober 2007 schrieb Doug Helbling:
> Regarding this whole audio over Cat5 thread, do we actually understand what
> the objective is of this exercise / project?  Is the original authors use
> of terminology such that we know what is actually supposed to be achieved?
<snip>
> Sorry, I digress.  So tell me again ... what is the real goal of this
> project?

As far as I got it the task/question was to use the Cat5-cables for analog
music-signals (which is not a problem) and have a digital (modified or
unmodified) WRT-router route the music to different ports or to produce the
audio-signals on its ethernet-ports (which is a problem, i.e. not possible).

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---