[LAD] Snd problem ... ( ACCESS_TYPE )

errordeveloper at gmail.com errordeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:47:30 UTC 2007

Hi list.

I' m using alsa-lib v1.0.14rc2 on gentoo-linux (v2.6.20-gentoo-r8)
my soundcard is RME Hammerfall HDSP9632 (snd-hdsp driver)
i have been using it for a while - all fine
i only run a few applications for my sound experiments.
one of those is Snd (from CCRMA), it was okay until i have done a few
updates lately - kernel from 2.6.17 to 2.6.20 and alsa-lib as well.
i'm not sure about either of these but i check Snd src-tree and the
mailing list - nothing was changed ..

the error msg that i get is:

:(play)
;status of hw:0
hw_params status of hw:0
ACCESS:  MMAP_NONINTERLEAVED RW_NONINTERLEAVED
FORMAT:  S32_LE
SUBFORMAT:  STD
SAMPLE_BITS: 32
FRAME_BITS: [128 384]
CHANNELS: [4 12]
RATE: [32000 192000]
PERIOD_TIME: (333 256000]
PERIOD_SIZE: [64 8192]
PERIOD_BYTES: [2560 393216]
PERIODS: 2
BUFFER_TIME: (666 512000]
BUFFER_SIZE: [128 16384]
BUFFER_BYTES: [2560 786432]
TICK_TIME: 1000
sw_params status of hw:0
start_mode: DATA
xrun_mode: STOP
tstamp_mode: NONE
period_step: 0
sleep_min: 0
avail_min: 0
xfer_align: 0
silence_threshold: 0
silence_size: 0
boundary: 0
;Invalid argument: hw:0: access type RW_INTERLEAVED not available
can't play : Invalid argument: hw:0: access type RW_INTERLEAVED not
available
#f
:

i had tried to modify audio.c in Snd's tree to use both ACCESS types
given above , but it didn't help - showed device is busy error instead.
i'm only studying C, so can't be sure ..

anyway here is a problem which i could not solve yet and haven't seen
anyone helpful around #alsa, neither i could google anything out.

for a ref.: Cmdist mailing list                                                                                                                         Cmdist at ccrma.stanford.edu                                                                                                                   http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/cmdist
and our discussion is here:
http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/cmdist/2007-July/004221.html

could anyone have a look at this at somepoint, please .

--
thank you,
Ilya. D