[LAD] ALSA FLoat sample format

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Thu Oct 4 13:57:55 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Predrag Viceic wrote:

> > > Looks like a bug in ALSA 1.0.14a then. It would be a good idea
> > > to make sure this is reported.
> >
> > And I who naively thought that posting this on LAD would be sufficient :)
>
> Predreg,
>
> Did you report this bug to the ALSA people? Any repsonse?
>
> I'm now running into the same problem on ALSA 1.0.14 that is part
> of the Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon pre-release>

I had the same problem. But in Debian there's a package with the fix [which
you can isntall instead of the ubuntu libasound2 package - beware though that
this will keep you from upgrading any other packages].. I have reported the
problem to ubuntu already [and i assume that the debian package maintainers
have reported the problem upstream]:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/148510

Regards,
Flo