[LAD] [OT] from-the-jumping-cars-department

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Wed Oct 10 13:58:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 16:07 +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> >From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen at comhem.se>
> >
> >If you could make cars make /less/ noise (instead of more), then perhaps
> >there is a valuable patent hidden there somewhere ...
>
> I have invented one of that type too. ;)
>
> The vroombox is not a stupid idea in my opinion.
> It is what car customizers and young males might want
> in their car.

We actually did something similar when we were kids by sticking pieces
of cardboard between the frame and the wheels of our bikes. By varying
the size and placement of the cardboard, it would sound like anything
from a well oiled steam-engine to a Harley Davidson (within reasonable
expectations ...)

I also had a black jacket loosely worn over my shoulders, so that an
inexperienced bypasser would believe that I was really Batman. Worked
pretty well at the time, especially in conjunction with the Harley
Davidson emulation!

> ...  I became aware of vroombox via MTV's
> Pimp My Ride show -- check if you catch a possible rerun
> this week.

Will do! :)