[LAD] VroomBox

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Oct 10 19:16:48 UTC 2007

Hallo,
Georg Holzmann hat gesagt: // Georg Holzmann wrote:

> >Yes, it's completely dumb. Probably next thing will be that someone
> >might take an impulse response of an old guitar amp and make it into
> >an application that will make your acoustic guitar sound like they
> >were played through a Marshall. So silly. ;)
>
> Well, this is not that silly ... lot's of people are using such
> tube/amplifier simulations ... ;)

Really?!? You must be joking! Who would do such a thing? ;)

> However, you won't be able to do that with an impulse response, because
> such amplifiers are usually highly nonlinear systems ...

Ah, you're right. But I think, the VroomBox also is non-linear.
Quote:

  Once installed, the VroomBox monitors your engine's RPM and load
  constantly, so when you step on the gas or shift gears, your new
  engine sound follows perfectly.

At least shifting gears is very non-linear. At least here in Europe,
where manual gear changes are still common, as you know.

Ciao