A common plugin repository (WAS:Re: [LAD] ladspa qa?)

elthariel elthariel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:28:05 UTC 2007

2007/9/13, Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail at gmail.com>:

> 2007/9/13, Benjamin Bruheim <grolgh at gmail.com>:
> > I am working on a site zzub.org which might feature binary downloads
> > of Ladspa plugins for windows, and on linux once it gets into a
> > fashionable state. But I would love to learn what meta-data would be
> > required for each binary version on the server so that a client would
> > be able to determine what version would work on your OS/Distro.
>
> I'd say package format (.rpm, .deb, etc), OS distribution (Ubuntu,
> OpenSUSE, etc.), CPU architecture (ix86, x86_64, etc.) and maybe
> binary format (ELF, .dll, etc.). I guess a description wouldn't hurt
> too.

Personally, I'd like to see also some categorization stuff, user
> comments, votes, demos and so on.

This is planned, i'm currently working on it.
I think the packaging problem should be handled by the library who access
the repository through a webservice. I think binary form, event with its
disavantadge is easier for the musician :/

Stefano