A common plugin repository (WAS:Re: [LAD] ladspa qa?)

elthariel elthariel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 17:42:05 UTC 2007

IMHO, what's important in the first place is to have a place where one could
found every know plugin.
This let us more time to think about from software discovery and
compatibility/packaging issues.

We may want to look on the side of self contained package. I know this is
not the most clean way we could imagine but we could have some bundle
containing dependencies as well as the plugin. For most of the musician,
this is not a problem to have a bigger plugin package if it just works.

Another better solution, but less generic, is to have a database that maps
plugins to distros package as larsl suggested.

I was originally thinking of having a lib to access the webservice that
would have handled differences between architecture and packaging system
through plugin.

If we mix this with larsl suggestion we have something that is quite generic
and quite clean ?