[LAD] Job offer for develope one arranger styles engine audio-midi..

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Sep 27 23:27:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, September 27, 2007 14:40, domenico wrote:
> Hello guys..
>

> We are looking for one developer that can add and complete the Qtractor
> features under one Audio-midi Styles player/editor.
>
> http://qtractor.sourceforge.net/qtractor-index.html
>
> we need to include the 16 pattern mode player and merge our available
> arranger styles engine chords features into the qtractor sequencer, where
> we must  able to switch in real time the 16 patterns and recognize the
> chords system.
>
> Arranger styles are the typical style engine used for the most popular
> Roland, Yamaha, Korg.keyboards.
>
> We are looking to replace our basic midi styles player from our
> Mediastation
> Linux keyboards.
>

> If someone is really interested and with a audio-midi  styles know how,
> just contact me for the more information and sfecification.

before someone gets hairy, I'll take the late chance and give some
personal clarification about this offer:

what domenico did not tell: I, as the author and weekend-warrior
developer of qtractor, was contacted to fulfill this position at first
hand, but due to my perpetual lack of time I could not accept any
deadline nor could I agree with any reasonable time-to-market. I'm sure
you all understand ;)

that said, it is my stance that I do not have any objection on someone
else take the position, even if a fork is to be considered. nothing
should be deterred from plain use of the gpl after all :)

at best, of course, I'll keep on going with this pet project of mine,
with development bumping in (slow) cruise mode as it ever was and
nevertheless, will try to give a helping hand to any brave soul shall
one take the bait . be free

cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela