[LAD] Car engine sound emulation for future electic cars. ideas ?

Luis Garrido luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 2 08:22:22 UTC 2008

> One could also question why it should be 'combustion engine noise'.
> If it's just to make other users of the road aware of the car's
> presence and speed, it could as well be the sound of horseshoes
> on a hard surface. Probably even better, as this is impulsive
> and provides better localisation.

Heh, or Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries."

Let's keep air pollution to a minimum in all senses, eh? Oh for a
world without combustion engine noises! We of all people should be
able to appreciate it.

At low speeds probably the noise of the tires on the asphalt and the
buzzing and whirring of the mechanical parts in the engine is enough,
coupled with proper education of drivers and pedestrians and the
judicious use of a klaxon. Utopian much? :-/