[LAD] need help with Java audio problem: SOLVED, sort of

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Aug 16 15:18:40 UTC 2008

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> Maybe the default sound device is still /dev/dsp using the OSS API. Can you
> test if the OSS emulation is working properly in your system?
For some reason I had not tested HighC on my 64-bit system (64 Studio)
until this morning. It works !

Okay, at this point I think it's a distribution problem, not a problem
with coding practice or ALSA configuration. However, your pointers
certainly got me going in the right direction. I'll contact the
maintainers of JAD 1.0 to see if they've done anything unusual with
OpenSUSE's default Java settings.

Thanks again, Pedro, your assistance has been hugely appreciated. :)

Best,

dp