[LAD] joining the fun...

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Aug 25 08:38:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 18:01 +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
> > Interesting pov,
> >
> > I assume you use electricity as you are typing on a computer. Unless you
> > have a way to transmit your emails by thought.
>
> So since linux audio development is performed on computers then
> discussion about word processing on windows is also appropriate
> for this forum because word processing is also done on computers?
>
> What part of "this is the Linux Audio Developers mailing list for
> discussion of linux audio and linux audio development" do you find
> so hard to understand?

Hmmm, As I sit here in front of 4 PC's  and monitors, and several other
audio devices that use electricity to power themselves in order to do my
job of programming audio software for an audio company I find it
concerning that I am contributing to the overall use of energy resources
for one.

I am also interested in Libre Energy development and research as it
relates to Linux, Libre software, and also Audio hardware that I could
be involved in designing, prototyping and using in the not too distant
future.

As a member, contributor and advocate for Linux Audio for the past 10
years I am also interested in discussing the above issues with other
members of the list as I think there is a lot to be learned and possibly
advanced.

Also I generally value the learned opinions and detailed discussion from
people on this list and fell that there might be some others here who