[LAD] Wireless Electricity vs audio quality

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Aug 25 09:12:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 19:03 +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Arnold Krille wrote:
>
> > Well, there _could_ be some interference as the air around you contains some
> > water (called humidity). It could be possible that the electromagnetic waves
> > (a) heat up the water making the room you are in warmer (same principle as
> > the microwave)
>
> If this were the case, there would be far greater concerns on the basis
> of human health. Humans are roughly 90% water and if this electricity
> transfer could heat up water molecules in the air, they are likely to
> cause all sorts of adverse health effects in any human that might be in
> the vicinity.

The MIT scientist who developed the prototype said there is no harm to
humans from the electrical resonance. I believe it works by resonating
at the exact frequency of the metal used to send receive the electrical
charge and that is how the power can be passed between points.

I still have a feeling it will subtly influence the audio quality of a
room.

I have doubt about the effect it will have on electrical equipment due
to static RF as we are not dealing with rf signals in this case.

cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd