[LAD] joining the fun...

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Aug 26 13:22:28 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 26 August 2008, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>Robin Gareus wrote:
>>> As a member, contributor and advocate for Linux Audio for the past 10
>>> years I am also interested in discussing the above issues with other
>>> members of the list as I think there is a lot to be learned and
>>> possibly advanced.
>>
>> you're right: there's no stupid questions. IMHO as linux-audio-devs
>> we're not really qualified to discuss libre-energy questions; Thanks for
>> sharing though; it provoked few good responses from Pieter, Fons and
>> others that I liked and learned from.
>
>Personally I don't really care for Fons's comments of this subject. He
>is clearly just trying to bait me. If others find that entertaining then
>they better watch out if they ever have to meet me in person. I can
>certainly hold a grudge if I choose to.
>
>However, I do think there is a bit of stagnation on this list over the
>past year or so. It seems that we have reached a plateau currently where
>there is not much to discuss. If anything my intention is to kickstart
>some discussions that could lead to more interesting developments...

To redirect some of this energy, how about trying to figure out pulseaudio for
the common user, who may want to do uncommon things.  I have 2 audio systems
in this box, and PA refuses to recognize the Audigy2 (emu10k1 driven) card I
use for everything BUT skype.  If I want sound at all, I have to excise as
much of it as kde will allow in order that my sound work at all.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)