[LAD] microbots for speakers

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Aug 27 02:48:56 UTC 2008

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> Building on the Intel announcement what's the plausibility of using
> their little transformer robots for building a speaker that can adjust
> it's shape for the location?

Adding to this concept.

Firstly we would need a simulator for designing hardware that uses the
technology.

The microbots are electormagnetcally attracted to each other so the
simulator would have to understand how this process works. Then it would
be a case of building out templates for the shapes that could be built
and adding all the code for the various circuits and software that would
be needed to run things.

Seems like a lot of work but someone must have started the simulator by
now so we would be able to get in on that and have influence over the
direction of audio hardware  and software development. Then we might
even have a roll in building the standards for this technology.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.