[LAD] [Jack-Devel] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 16 02:02:09 UTC 2008

torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> just install a self built source OVER the stuff from the package.
> and then run ldconfig as root.
>
> there is no "i dont know how to use ldconfig"
> it just does its thing. you dont need to give it options,
> or interact with it. you just need to start it.
>
> after it ran you can use the installed jackd.
>
> i am really sorry, but you are making it very hard to help you.

Thank You :)

I hope this will help.

> random up and downgrading, and mixing several repos is very likely
> to break your system.

It broke by an upgrade from repo-oss 0.109 to Packman 0.116, when it was
broken I tried to downgrade and then I removed libs like it was written
on the Ardour homepage and after that I tried to install Jussi's RPM,
but at the beginning I didn't mix anything. It's a pure OSS, NON-OSS,
UPDATES, PACKMAN and VIDEOLAN Suse with 3 or 4 self compiled
applications, I'm not mixing anything randomly for this install. Okay, I
might not use VIDEOLAN, but that is the only critical repository.

Cheers,
Ralf