[LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 16 05:00:52 UTC 2008

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> just remove the offending packages.
>> read the man page of rpm and remove them.
>> i guess you need the force option
>>

> Okay, I'll resume:
>
> 1. RPM force option to remove the offending Packages
> 2. install from the source (or try Packman again or try Jussi's RPM +
> dependency, all should work)
> 3. run ldconfig

While I was tired, I tried to install jack, okay, --force seems to be
the wrong option and I've forgotten to run ldconfig, see terminal_1.txt.

Then I tried to erase the jack2 stuff, but everything depends to it, I
removed the jack stuff instead, because there were no dependency
conflicts. Than I --replaced jack2, run ldconfig, but nothing changed,
see terminal_2.txt and ignore the OT statements, they are remarks for me.

Today I might not be able to spend time in Suse Linux. I've to work.
I'll take look at man rpm and will search the net ASAP.