[LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

Thomas Kuther gimpel at sonnenkinder.org
Tue Dec 16 12:17:49 UTC 2008

On Di, 16.12.08 12:31 oc2pus at arcor.de wrote:

> nor the packman package or yast is broken...
>
> pulseaudio-module-jack has a (wrong ?) requires to jack instead
> libjack.so.1 (or a other program in your system) . And as there are
> more than one provider for jack, yast pulls in the first provider for
> jack it finds.
>
> So the bad packages in this dependency hell are the ones who has a
> "Requires: jack"

That system is a plain fresh install of 11.1RC1 with KDE 4.1 payload,
packman added, "zypper up" run. Nothing else. I didn't even install
anything additionally yet. An absolutely untouched system, beside
the fact that I added packman :)
Actually I installed it only to see if this problem is reproducible.

So as long the final iso's aren't on the mirrors, I'd go out and fix
whatever causes that, otherwhise packman will break lots of audio boxen.

(In the suse OSS repo there is only one version of jack, so why
the heck should they care about different versions. Only a packman can
ask them to fix the pulseaudio-module-jack dependency ;) - you can
reproduce it quite easily thanks to virtual machines, not?)

Go for it!
Thomas