[LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 16 18:52:29 UTC 2008

oc2pus at arcor.de wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2008 schrieb torbenh at gmx.de:

>>> nor the packman package or yast is broken...
>>>
>> hmm... ok. it looks like libjack0-0.109.2 is not requiring
>> jack-0.109.2.
>>
>> and jack-0.109.2 only requires libjack0.so
>> which can be provided by libjack2 and libjack1.
>>
>> i consider this broken.
>>

> just for the records:
> these are not packman packages.
> the packman packages contains a X.pm.Y in the release tag, the actual version
> is 0.116.1.

THAT'S the evilness? You don't know what time it is! Yes, a Suse install
comes with default packages @ repo-oss. Is Packman incompatible to Suse
repositories? Ican't read anything in the Linux Club howtos, stupid
people like me should read.

YOU ARE WRONG and tries to blame me, even if I came with the calumet and
was sorry that I boiled over.

NOW YOU are again twisting the truth. YOU LOSER!

> A lib-package normally doesn't contain a requirement to a program-package.
>
> For my packages in the packman repository:
> As a reaction of this thread, I uploaded new packages for jack and jack2.
> They are now mutually exclusive and the user must change wich one to use.
> Formerly jack2 was handled as a update to jack.I followed also the idea from
> Torben to handle the jack-daemon like a library.
>
> The "Requires" to the underlying library packages where already part of the
> packman packages. So I hope the problems of upgrading/changing the
> jack-versions are solved.
>

> And a last note to Mr. Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>
> your posting in the linux-club community is very astonishing. You grab
> sentences from Paul and others from here and put them in a very very special
> context to fit your argumentation against SuSE distribution and especially
> the packman repository.
> http://www.linux-club.de/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=99521&p=605724#p605724
> And words like "überhebliche Schwätzer" are very motivating.
>
> have fun
> oc2pus

No I'm Pro-Suse, I was going to write an howto and you always quoted me
wrong, BECAUSE I mentioned that if you have knowledge about pro-audio
and you are really making music, you need to have different kernels than
those from the packages, you need to compile stuff yourself, because you
always will get troubles and the moderators made jokes about me, even
you MOTHERFUCKER made jokes here.

You said IN THIS LIST, NOBODY will have any conflicts, it's only me.

You twisting the truth even now, I would like to make Suse a audio and
MIDI workstation, that's why I do what I do.

IGNORANT PEOPLE like you make it impossible, you are AGAINST SUSE, it's
not me.

YOU ARE A LIAR and everybody can read it here.