[LAD] Prototyping algorithms and ideas

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Fri Feb 1 16:53:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> fucntions to get a convenient speed boost for dsp processing. A few
> modifications to the faust syntax will be necesarry though to make
> it work in s-expressions, but it shouldn't be so hard.

The last sentence was extremely bad formulated. I ment that
the syntax for accessing faust needs to be different, because
programming in snd is s-expressions based. So what is needed
is a preprocessor for faust which runs inside snd, which
translates the snd/faust code code into faust code, then
execute the faust compiler to compile, and after that
dynamically compile and link that code again into snd. This
whole operation shouldn't take more than a few ms.
I have already made such a system for C, and it was
relatively easy to do.