[LAD] jack client autoconnection

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri Feb 1 18:11:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 06:53:18PM +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:

> Another requisite: The volume-control has to have a linear response over the
> whole frequency spectrum you use and must not add any noise and has to have
> reproducible overall-volume-settings. That is where it really starts to get
> complicated... ;-)

The one solution that will work is fully digital,
MADI in, MADI out.

One less serious alternative: a giant motor-driven
bank of 176 high-precision potentiometers. We would
need an exra rack for that...

Anything analog and not passive would also have
to ensure there won't be any transients on power
up/down, including accidental ones.

Ciao,

--
FA