[LAD] Jackdmp

Thomas Kuther gimpel at sonnenkinder.org
Sat Feb 2 11:23:58 UTC 2008

On Sa, 02.02.08 08:02 Stéphane Letz <letz at grame.fr> wrote:

> > But for the first time, and as i have hoped for some time, jack
> > midi driver appears in wine audio config. Now if you tallented
> > fellows could configure Jack to present a user definable number
> > of midi ports in and out of wine (each port with 16 channels), it
> > would be most appreciated. If that's not possible then i'll take
> > 32 midi ports in, and 32 midi ports out as a default.(Please! :) )
> > Thanks Stephane, this works fine so far.
> >
> > As a new linux user, i'm not sure how much technical information i
> > can give you, so if you want to know about something in
> > particular, let me know, and i'll try and test it.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> I guess the number of jack ports is defined in the jack wine ASIO
> bridge. Where is the source code of this component?
>
> Thanks
>
> Stephane

The JACK config in winecfg has nothing to do with wineasio and is not
ASIO capable. The source for wineasio is here:
http://people.jacklab.net/drumfix/ (wineasio for 32bit, wineasio-x for
64bit). See the README on how to configure the number of in/outs.

Btw: does a 64bit compiled jackdmp accept 32bit clients?
I'll have to check this out... :)