[LAD] [OT] an ogg vorbis player for Java ME mobile phones?

Luis Garrido luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 2 13:14:40 UTC 2008

> as a modem for linux, except that it doesn't know about ogg vorbis.
> since it provides a java environment, it must be possible to correct that :)

It might very well be impossible. Two main likely difficulties:

- The raw audio API not being exposed, so you can only use the built-in codecs.
- The CPU not having the raw power to decode a vorbis stream in real time.

Perhaps if you have the storage space you could develop a transcoder
(OGG to MP3 or WAV or AMR) but I don't think that would be a
satisfying solution to your needs.

Get yourself the SE SDK and have a look at the docs for your
particular headset, but I'd wager you are up for some plain old
disappointment.

Good luck,

Luis