[LAD] jack client autoconnection

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Mon Feb 4 16:22:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 16:25 +0100, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Bob Ham wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 15:14 +0100, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> >> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Bob Ham wrote:

> > What I am suggesting is not to toggle autoconnecting for individual
> > clients, but to toggle autoconnecting for *all* clients, globally.

> Thanks for clearing up. But I'm pretty sure your idea is too
> simple. We also need a way to create ports which are not
> autoconnected.

As Jonatan Liljedahl noted, a new bit in JackPortFlags would suffice.

> Infact I don't think there is any (sane) way to make your
> proposal work without creating lots of mess with ports
> in old programs who are autoconnecting when it shouldn't.

Backward compatibility (*mumble*) would be maintained by making ports'
default autoconnect bit negative; ie, having to set JackPortAutoconnect
to enable autoconnecting rather than set JackPortNoAutoconnect to
disable.  Alas, this means the client author once again has to do
something.

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>