[LAD] jack client autoconnection

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Mon Feb 4 17:16:38 UTC 2008

Fons Adriaensen:

> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 03:32:23PM +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
>> Where jack_autoconnect() would use environment variables,
>> read .rc files, invoke the Buddha, or consult Paul Davis or
>> the oracle of Delphi to find out which ports to use, but
>> without requiring any special support from jackd itself.
>
> The code required is much shorter than the length of this
> thread so far, so I take the liberty to post it.
> Quickly but not fully tested.

I would say that your function is a connect-many-ports-at-once
function, not an autoconnect function.

What I'm thinking is that the jackd program has an extra
option called "--autoconnect-ports / -ap", which contains
a comma-separated list of port names. If its not supplied,
or "--no-autoconnect / -no" is not supplied either,

   jack_autoconnect(client,num_ports,port);

will connect to the physical ports.

This requires some modification to jack.
But it shouln't be that much of a work.

Besides, two other functions are needed as well:

int jack_get_num_autoconnect_playback_ports(void);
int jack_get_num_autoconnect_record_ports(void);