[LAD] midi player for jack ?

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at citycable.ch
Thu Feb 7 18:33:48 UTC 2008

Le Thu, 7 Feb 2008 00:29:06 +0100,
Fons Adriaensen <fons at kokkinizita.net> a écrit :

> Salve,
>
> Is there anything like pmidi for midi-over-jack
> (i.e. a command line midi file player) ?
>
> Ciao,

I don't know pmidi, but I get better result with timidity++ as with my audigy
with huge soundfonts. And I only have a P4 at 2GHz.

With recent timidity version (2.13.2 here), you can start timidity in server
mode for jack:

timidity -iA -B2,8 -Oj -EFreverb=0

The result will be:

TiMidity starting in ALSA server mode
Opening sequencer port: 129:0 129:1 129:2 129:3

But timidity audio output will appear in the jack panel of qjackctl.

For other options (command line player, ...), see "timidity -h".

Best,
Dominique
--
Dominique Michel

Mes 3 projets préférés auxquels je contribue:
 * FVWM-Crystal, le bureau basé sur FVWM:
      http://fvwm-crystal.org
 * AlsaPlayer, le lecteur audio avec contrôle de vitesse en continu:
      www.alsaplayer.org
 * L'overlay pour la MAO sous gentoo:
      http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page