[LAD] alsa and OSS (again?)

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Jan 20 14:09:15 UTC 2008

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> Hmm. That equation don't hunt here. The MidiShare codebase is in dire
>> need of attention for 32-bit Linux and won't currently compile at all
>> for 64-bits. Ask me, I've been wrestling with its outdated source
>> tree for the past week or so. Yann is planning to fix it, but he's
>> got other work going on.
>>

> I've been using MidiShare on linux for 8 years.  It is the most stable
> means of MIDI on linux, imho, and on my platform (GP2X, ARM) it is
> rock-solid.  I don't know about your problems with the current
> codebase (I've got my own fork) so .. maybe you want to describe them?
Hi Jay,

I'm not complaining about MidiShare as a solution, and I agree that it's
a great project.

You can look at Albert's patches to see what he fixed that enabled a
clean compile. They're at

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=96881&package_id=106009

in the midishare-1.9.1 package.

Have you contributed your code to the MidiShare source tree ?

Best,

dp