[LAD] LV2 "isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

Benno Senoner benno.senoner at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 21 21:47:47 UTC 2008

Lars,
Yes I agree with what you said,
 but better to start the discussion with them now because
we will not know if and when if will become free software.

I think times are mature for a change and we should all join forces and see
if we can
impose a standard that please both open source developers and commercial
application developers too.

Since you are one of the LV2 developers I'd suggest you and all other LV2
devs to take part on that thread on the reaper forum
and enlinghten them about the advantages and flexibility of LV2.
I think both parties LV2 and Reaper devs have nothing to lose, the worst
that can happen is Reaper not integrating LV2, but
OTOH if they point out design problems you can use them to improve the LV2
specs as the project is still young.

It would be really a plus for LV2 if reaper started supporting it.
If reaper's development continue at the current fast pace it could be that
it will soon become one of the most
popular audio sequencers and having a large userbase always helps to get
lots of feedback.
After all if you created LV2 I guess the goal is to achieve widespread
adoption so having widely used apps
 using the standard can only be positive.

thanks everyone,
Benno