[LAD] alsa and OSS (again?)

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Tue Jan 22 01:53:38 UTC 2008

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> It would make a BIG difference to have all of midishare in userland. I
> think the latest kernels implement high resolution timers, etc. If Jack
> can be made to work in userland, midi should be possible as well.

I'd think so, too.

> If I understand the kernel development process correctly, once the midishare
> kernel module is in the mainline kernel the update process is fairly
> automatic.

Ok, I see. Yes, that makes it easier. I'd still prefer the userland
option, if it's feasible. Let's see what the people at Grame think about
this.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag