[LAD] LV2 "isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

Dave Robillard dave at drobilla.net
Tue Jan 22 02:33:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 22:47 +0100, Benno Senoner wrote:
> Since you are one of the LV2 developers I'd suggest you and all other
> LV2 devs to take part on that thread on the reaper forum
> and enlinghten them about the advantages and flexibility of LV2.

The Reaper forum isn't a useful place for development discussion.

>  but better to start the discussion with them now because
> we will not know if and when if will become free software

Yeah, right..

Tell you what, if Reaper becomes fully and truly Free Software (by the
FSF definition), I hereby volunteer to implement LV2 support for
them /and/ write good LV2 extensions for any features present in
whatever version of VST they happen to favour.  Ball's in their court.

You can't beg a mechanic to fix your buddy's car when he's welded the
hood shut - and plans to run over the mechanic's bike as soon as it
runs ;)

Until then, my bike is Ardour.  Race ya.

-DR-