[LAD] Prototyping algorithms and ideas

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jan 23 21:44:45 UTC 2008

Hallo,
Arnold Krille hat gesagt: // Arnold Krille wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2008 schrieb Darren Landrum:
> > Okay, I'll see if I can make up for my awful post from before with a
> > constructive question.
> > If you wanted to quickly prototype an idea for a DSP routine, how would
> > you go about it? It would need to work in real-time, but it wouldn't
> > really need to be super-efficient for testing ideas.
>
> Taking the role of Frank Barknecht:
>
> PD!

Pd (as the real me writes it ;) is really damn cool for prototyping.
For one you get the graphical representation which at least I can
think better in, but then also the interface to write C-extension
(externals) is very simple, almost LADSPA-like. With a little template
one can test and develop algorithms very fast.

Ciao