[LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Thu Jan 24 23:08:05 UTC 2008

Christian Schoenebeck <cuse at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Wrong: http://linuxsampler.org/faq.html#open_source

This is why I don't like the word open source. You can claim that it's
open source just because people can look at the code, which is really
absurd, in my opinion;).

When people talk about free software and open source, it goes really
without saying that they talk about free software as defined by the
FSF and open source as defined by the open source initiative, but
obviously not in your case.

You just say:

- "Here, look at it"

..and then say, well, you looked at it, ergo, it's open source.

The term didn't even exist before the OSI definition.

In my opinion, you are misleading people, straight up.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m