[LAD] Summercode 2008: LASH as a D-Bus service

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Fri Jan 25 17:41:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 12:32 +0000, Krzysztof Foltman wrote:

> I mean, GObject has its uses in GTK or other frameworks that are very
> complex to start with. But please don't introduce complex, unintuitive,
> wrist-damaging tools where a plain C-based[*] API could work just as well.

The issue isn't really the API but its implementation.  I'm not
proposing to mandate the use of GSignals for clients to register
callbacks, or sub-classing a GObject in order to implement a client.
But that doesn't mean liblash can't use GSignals and client classes
internally.  Of course, in addition, you could then expose GSignals and
GObjects for those that *do* want to use them.  And "easily" create C++
classes, and python classes, etc, etc.

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>