[LAD] [OT] LinuxSampler and GPL - some clarifications

Forest Bond forest at alittletooquiet.net
Sun Jan 27 23:07:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 11:49:48PM +0100, Marek wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2008 10:56 PM, Forest Bond <forest at alittletooquiet.net> wrote:
>> Well, your interpretation differs greatly from that of the FSF (as well as
>> the vast majority of the GPL camp).  I wish you luck evangelizing it.

> Define vast majority of the GPL camp. Give me the facts, give me the links.

My statement was based on the assumption that "the vast majority of the GPL
camp" tends to agree with the FSF when interpreting the GPL.

The FSF's position is clearly stated here:

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DoesTheGPLAllowMoney

I don't see how this conversation can really go much further.  You disagree with
the FSF as to how the GPL should be interpreted.  I don't see why your views on
this should be held in higher regard than the FSF's.

Have you ever applied the GPL to your own work?  What is your interest in this?

-Forest
--
Forest Bond
http://www.alittletooquiet.net