[LAD] [OT] LinuxSampler and GPL - some clarifications

Dennis Schulmeister linux-audio-dev at windows3.de
Mon Jan 28 00:27:32 UTC 2008

> > Moreover, your goals sound odd for a lawyer without a client.  What free
> > software developers to you currently represent?
>
> What does that matter? You mean someone should pay me for this?

I understand that you're doing this not for a certain client but for
free software developers and users in general. That's good.

The question about your location seems valid though. Because as you have
noticed most people who participated in that discussion share a somewhat
different opinion of what it means to distribute free software.
Especially if the software is an essential part of a hardware product.

Yours sincerely,
Dennis Schulmeister

--
Dennis Schulmeister - Schifferstr. 1 - 76189 Karlsruhe - Germany
Tel: +49 721/5978883 - Mob: +49 152/01994400 - eMail: dennis at windows3.de

Now moved to the corridor: Hermes! (http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net)
(mostly German)

http://www.windows3.de - http://www.denchris.de