[LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Jan 29 03:49:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 14:33 +0100, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:

> FYI, I talked to Justin and tried to get him over here, but he won't
> join the discussion.
> In his opinion there's too much zealotism here and thus he sees it as a
> waste of time. Also, regarding the initial quote he said that it was an
> opinion rather than a statement of fact.

More likely he just wants to be in control of some "open" standard and
doesn't want to participate in the development of a project that he
can't claim responsibility for inventing.

His opinion of LV2 was based on a cursory glance and he did not bother
to back it up or defend it with the people who's work he was dissing yet
he felt it acceptable to trash LV2 in a open forum which other Linux
developers participate in.

He doesn't have to participate in the LAD list but taking part in the
LV2 list might have answered a few of his questions. He doesn't even
have to use his real name if he is worried about getting harassed due to
the "status" he has acquired from his previous efforts.

Anyway as the old saying goes "You can lead a horse to water..."

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.