[LAD] LS licensing (was: LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer)

pete shorthose zenadsl6252 at zen.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 21:39:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:13:02 -0500
Dave Robillard <dave at drobilla.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 19:28 +0000, pete
> shorthose wrote:
> > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:44:46 -0500
> > Dave Robillard <dave at drobilla.net> wrote:

> > > You started it, don't complain when you get
> > > what's coming ;)
> >
> > ok. get back to me when you can justify your
> > statement with something other then an ad
> > hominem.
>
> Um...
>
> You say X to me.
> I say X to you.

hardly. even if you missed the point (which i
doubt, having sparred with you on irc numerous
times, to altogether more humorous effect) i even
explained on irc that it was not intended as an
insult, that i was illustrating an invalid
debating tactic by using it against you.

in order to tackle it directly you cannot avoid
undermining your own use of it. and you knew it
too. hence you changed the subject to how i was
a nobody and hence irrelevant.
now, in the scheme of things, that may even be
true, but it doesn't make me wrong.

so there, that's cleared that up. _again_.

> You accuse me of ad hominem.

indeed. you didn't tackle my point directly,
preferring instead to question my right to
criticise you at all for reasons unrelated to the
topic of discussion. text book ad hominem.
i doubt that even you would attempt to dispute
that. (well, perhaps doubt is too strong a word)

> I'll get back to you when you know something
> about discourse other than being able to quote
> fancy words you don't seem to understand.

you just served up some fresh insults and still
didn't justify what you said. i tell you, i'm
not in the least bit fucking surprised.

now, if you feel the need, concoct some juicy
combination of pejoratives and craft them into
a rejoinder. it's a free shot at the basket
because i'm well and truly done talking to you.
i might as well be debating an ATM.

cheers,
pete.