[LAD] Prototyping algorithms and ideas

Dave Robillard dave at drobilla.net
Wed Jan 30 16:16:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 15:08 +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> - My usual grunge: unless you want me accidentally
>   destroy some very expensive equipment which is not
>   even mine, the generated JACK apps
>
>   MUST NOT AUTOCONNECT --- NEVER --- TO ANYTHING.

Hear hear.  This setting really must be moved into Jack.  Let the user
specify the auto-connect ports (or none).  Apps doing ignorant things
like connecting to the first n "physical" ports is useless a lot of the
time anyway, even if you do want auto-connect (e.g. I would set them up
to auto-connect to a mixer app)

-DR-