[LAD] LinuxSampler or JACK or what is the trouble?

Benno Senoner benno.senoner at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 30 18:48:23 UTC 2008

Hi Julien,
My guess is you are running out of memory and when you start jack
perhaps due to memory locking something goes wrong. (does jackd normally
exit in case it cannot lock memory ?)
You could try to decrease the preload size in LS, recompile it and see if it
loads the big piano.
keep in mind that making the preload size too small will reduce the
polyphony as it puts lots of stress on the disk.
I'd use min voices = 2 or 4 in the configure parameter when using smaller
sample preload numbers.
the default preload is 32768 samples, you could try to decrease it to 24k or
even 16k.

cheers,
Benno
http://www.linuxsampler.org