[LAD] [OT] LinuxSampler and GPL - some clarifications

Dave Robillard dave at drobilla.net
Thu Jan 31 01:04:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 23:56 +0000, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 00:45 +0100, Marek wrote:
>
> > Now i'm asking you how you would solve this issue wrt GPL.
> > I'm interested to see whether you can judge that i'm talking nonsense
> > or not, according to your own words.
>
> I don't know what "issue" you're trying to get me to solve.
>
> I am walking along a path.  How do you solve this?

Marek debating, the algorithm:

a) Come up with crazy idea
b) Present crazy idea
c) Observe everyone, without exception, disagreeing
d) Assume people actually take you seriously, no matter what
e) Imply that it is clearly everyone else's duty to waste time
   meticulously deconstructing your silly argument, otherwise you're
   right because.. um.. you said so?

if (someone with nothing better to do does, in fact, point out an
    obvious falsity in your argument) {

    f1) Modify argument without admitting it, pretend it never happened

} else {

    f2) Imply that you have somehow won, by being so ridiculous your
        points aren't even worth refuting

}

g) GOTO (a)
e) Profit?  Somehow?