[LAD] Prototyping algorithms and ideas

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Jan 31 15:44:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 11:26:39PM +0100, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

> Yes, exactly. And by default, the auto-connect ports are
> the same as the physical ones. Those with special setups
> are also the ones who must make special configurations.

The ones I complain about are those that don't even
allow you to configure them permanently for no
autoconnect.

One bad example, sadly, is Ardour. Even if I remove
the auditioner ports and save the session they come
back and autoconnect to my power amps (*) next time
the session is loaded. And it's all too easy to
activate the auditioner - and accidental double
mouse click instead of single one is all that's
required.

(*) Which are in a rack in a separate room. The
connection is digital. The gain controls on the
amps need a screwdriver to adjust them. I'm not
going to run to the racks, and turn down 16
level in once case, 176 in the other, to be on
the safe side each time a start an app (and after
that I'd have to recalibrate them again...).

Ciao,

--
FA

Parma, Italia