[LAD] Prototyping algorithms and ideas

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Jan 31 18:01:27 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2008 schrieb Wolfgang Woehl:
> Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2008 Fons Adriaensen:
> > One bad example, sadly, is Ardour. Even if I remove
> > the auditioner ports and save the session they come
> > back and autoconnect to my power amps (*) next time
> > the session is loaded.
> Seems to be an assumption buglet. Dangerous indeed.
> qjackctl's patchbay lets you work around these surprises:

How fast is qjackctl? Ii is not an acl in jack directly, it will just
disconnect the connections as fast as it can after getting to know them. But
that could be 200 periods after the 5kHz tone destroyed Fons' speaker...

It is maybe a first solution, but in this regard I would prefer the inclusion
of ACLs in jackd.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/