[LAD] Regarding the linux-audio lists announcing policy

MarcOChapeau marco at marcochapeau.org
Tue Jul 8 15:22:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:52:16 +0200 (CEST), "Kjetil S. Matheussen"
<k.s.matheussen at notam02.no> wrote:

> I wonder if we could change the post-to-all-three-lists
> policy? I don't like to spam three mailing lists
> for everytime I announce a program, and it doesn't
> seem like everyone knows that we are supposed
> to post to all lists either.

Hi Kjetil,

Robin Gareus has made last year an interesting study on this matter. It
seems that the proportion of users that are subscribed to all three lists
is quite small. So cross posting announces on the 3 lists isn't such a bad
thing.

Now regarding the fact that not everyone knows they should post on the 3
lists, I don't really think that's the case. most announces I see are
posted at least on 2 lists. LAA is nearly always one of them. Some people
choose to add LAD and LAU, some choose to add also their project list.

Cheers,

-- Marc-Olivier Barre --
 --- MarcO'Chapeau ----
- www.marcochapeau.org -