[LAD] Regarding the linux-audio lists announcing policy

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jul 8 17:27:41 UTC 2008

Hallo,
Dave Robillard hat gesagt: // Dave Robillard wrote:

> Agreed.  Not much point of an announce list if everyone spams all the
> lists anyway.  Getting 3 emails instead of 1 is a bit annoying,
> especially since the point of the announce list existing is that the
> other lists are relatively high traffic.

In the pd-world, we had a similar discussion to get rid of double- and
triple-announcements some time ago, and solved it so that mails to the
announce list get forwarded to the main list automatically. So people
who want to announce something, only send mails to pd-announce. If you
subscribe pd-list, you automatically also receive pd-announce, while
if you subscribe pd-announce only, you only get pd-announce mails.

Ciao